PEN/Faulkner Public Programs / Communications Internship
We are currently seeking two interns to assist in preparation for the 2017-18 PEN/Faulkner Reading Series and for PEN/Faulkner’s annual fundraising Celebration, to be held in October of this year. Each intern will work 20 hours per week during the summer.
Tasks will include:
- Research on contemporary authors for upcoming literary events
- Organization and categorization of PEN/Faulkner archival materials
- Basic graphic design for both print and online materials
- Content generation for multiple social media platforms
- Development research, to include identifying potential underwriters for public events
- General copywriting & administrative tasks
Necessary skills include:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- An interest in marketing and publicity
- Ability and drive to work independently and as part of a team
- A passion for literature
- A good sense of humor!
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Darlene Taylor (email@example.com) with the subject line “PEN/Faulkner Public Programs Internship.”
All applications are due by Friday, June 16th, 2017.