The PEN/Faulkner Foundation will begin accepting submissions for the 2020 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction on July 1, 2019.
Our submission guidelines are as follows:
- Books must be published in 2019.
- Authors must be living American citizens.
- Books must be published by a commercial, academic, or small press. No self-published books are accepted.
- There are no submission fees or application forms.
- Bound proofs are eligible for submission for books that will be published in November or December of 2019.
- All submissions must be post-marked by October 31, 2019.
Please send FIVE copies of each book to the following address for forwarding to the judges. You are invited to send as many shipments as you like, and you are encouraged to send available books as soon as possible.
PEN/Faulkner Award Submissions
641 S Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
The award was founded by members of the international writers’ organization PEN and is now governed by an independent foundation board. The budget for the award and its administration is funded by gifts and grants. We are always grateful for support of the award and of other PEN/Faulkner programs.
The winning writer and four finalists are honored at a ceremony held in Washington, DC in May 2020. To browse a list of past winners and finalists, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, please send them to Shahenda Helmy, our Programs & Logistics Director, at email@example.com.